The First Phase of Development
(Length of stay – entrance into program until two weeks before delivery)
Participants receive the following services during the Womanhood Phase:
- Housing, personal, and household supplies
- Assessment to determine barriers to attaining stable housing and employment
- Pregnancy and labor education and support
- Weekly counseling
- Education in the form of financial, employment, and life skills workshops
- Referrals to community partners to address barriers, such as GED preparation, TANF program, and housing agencies
- Assistance in developing a one, three, and five year Strategic Life Plan
- Safe housing and delivery of her new baby.
- A Life Plan developed to secure stable housing, employment, training and improved future economic status for the family.
- A plan for the participant to receive the tools to begin taking steps toward her short and long term goals.